Tube Testers and Test Equipment
Quality Test Instruments for Technicians or Hobbyists
Offer good for continental USA only. Paypal buyer must have CONFIRMED ADDRESS.
USA buyers — use PayPal BUY NOW button for easy buy.
powerful 45-AMP Filament transformer 6v – $44 free ship USA
Here is a whopper for your tube projects! A massive 45-amp filament transformer. Nominal input 115vac, nominal output 6.5vac @ 45A. Want to build a massive tube warmer/heater? Now is your chance. With this transformer, you can power the filaments of almost *50* (yes, fifty…) 6L6 tubes at the same time! Size: approx 4L x 3.25W x 4.5H inches.
Here is a nice Eico signal tracer for your repair shop. The uses to which you can use a signal tracer are almost endless. Awesome instrument for audio repairs and radio repairs.
- recapped with fresh new capacitors
- new input jacks installed (RCA style, which allows much easier sourcing of probe cables for future needs)
- 1-amp line fuse upgrade
- Murata X1Y2 class RF suppression capacitor installed on AC line
- newly constructed Audio probe (new cable, repurposed probe tip)
- newly constructed RF probe (new cable, new diode, new resistor, repurposed probe tip)
- 3-wire grounded line cord. Better inherent safety –but– you will need to use an isolation transformer to power the D.U.T (device under test). That is proper safety protocol anyway, so if you are not using an isolation transformer on ALL of your repairs, you will want to start doing so.
- rubber feet on bottom
- overall nice condition (front panel and metal case)
- bright magic eye tube
- brand new 6K6GT output tube
- copy of instruction manual included
All three items are good condition, made in USA.
- 1 – Pomona 9-pin-miniature test socket adapter
- 1 – Pomona 7-pin-miniature test socket adapter
- 1 – “GE Tubes” tube pin straightener for 7/9-pin-miniature tubes
US Military surplus *low profile* Socket Savers, set of 3, USA-made — $75 free ship USA
Genuine set of USA-made, US military surplus, low-profile socket savers. Exactly what you need for military testers such as TV-7 series (TV-7A, TV-7B, TV-7D, etc…) or really any military tester. These are designed with a very low height (approx 50% the height of a normal socket saver), so these allow the case lid to close in MANY tube testers where a regular-height socket saver will prevent you from being able to close the lid.
Compatible with any socket that can use a socket saver. You get one each — 7-pin-miniature, 9-pin-miniature, octal. Sold as a set only. Used, excellent condition, with each pin/socket having been polished and looks close to new, and with tight grip. A real bargain for a set of 3 low-profile socket savers. ONLY 1 SET AVAILABLE.
Signal Corp I-177-B tube tester, manufactured by Simpson, serviced & calibrated, $429 free ship USA.
Here is a very nice Signal Corp I-177-B mutual conductance tube tester, serviced & calibrated. This unit was built by Simpson. Servicing consisted of replacing the #83 tube with a solid-state upgrade, cleaning all pots, switches, controls with Deoxit. Socket pins cleaned and shine very close to when new. Almost all carbon resistors were replaced with fresh modern carbon-film or metal-film 5% or better. Recapped. Brand new (and removable) top cap clamp & wire assembly installed. Line calibration performed. Calibration voltages checked & set for accuracy (150v plate 1000 ohms/v, 130v screen 1000 ohms/v, accurate bias voltage checked at several positions of the bias pot such as -3.0 at 18R, signal voltage 5.0 vac.) Diode/Rectifier/0Z4 test functions checked for accuracy. New 3-wire grounded line cord installed. General cleaning inside & out.
Includes original tube data setup book. No other paperwork included, but instruction manual and additional supplements can be downloaded or forwarded via email.
The I-177 series is a quality mutual conductance tube tester, Hickok-style circuit, and designed for testing older tubes, pre- 9-pin-miniature. Great for antique radio servicing or tube collectors that require setup data for oddball old military tubes. Not designed for someone who only wants one tube tester, because this will not really test 9-pin-miniature or newer tubes and was not designed to do that. It does do a great job of testing the old 4-pin, 5-pin, 6-pin, 7-pin-large, etc… types of tubes. They also made an adapter that has sockets for testing oddball military/transmitting tubes (adapter not included).
One of the most versatile tube testers you can find. This model has 13-built in sockets for versatile tube testing from the earliest 4-pin style tubes (like 01-A, #45 triode, etc…) up through modern 12-pin compactron.
- 4-pin (eg: 2A3, 83 rectifier, 01A)
- 5-pin (eg: 807, #47)
- 5-pin nuvistor (eg: 6cw4)
- 6-pin (eg: #42 pentode) with pilot lamp test socket
- 7-pin antique (large pin) (eg: #53)
- 7-pin miniature (eg: 6AU6)
- 8-pin octal (eg: 5AR4, 6550, 6L6GC, 5U4GB, etc…)
- 8-pin loctal (eg: 7N7)
- 9-pin miniature (eg: 12AX7, 12AU7)
- two 9-pin novar (eg: 7868, 6LQ6, 6JB6A)
- 10-pin miniature
- 12-pin compactron (ex: 6KD6)
- all socket pins individually cleaned for perfect continuity and shine “close to new”
Serviced and calibrated, includes professional reprint of manual and two supplement charts. American-made. Quality rubber feet on bottom and backside to protect your workbench.
This model uses the same industry-standard emission test also used by Heathkit, Eico, and Triplett, and in fact you can use setup charts from those other brands (with minor mental adjustment) to supplement your Knight paperwork.
Photos below show line calibration and tube test results. Fluke meter and sample tubes are shown to demonstrate tube tester and are not part of item for sale.